Early Spring Shorty Socks Pattern
Only 11 available.
Free until April 30, 2020!
Early Spring is a quick pattern for shorty socks (ankle length) using twisted stitches to create a texture reminiscent of the first shoots of flowers popping up in the spring.
The socks are worked cuff down, using a German short-row heel and round toe. Feel free to substitute your own favorite heel and toe as you see fit. If a toe-up method is preferred, the Early Spring Stitch Pattern can be worked in reverse order (from bottom to top).
The pattern is written using the Magic Loop method on one long circular needle but can be adapted to double points. (Specific instructions for using DPNs are not included.)
- Camel City Dyeworks Shorty Sock Set or approximately 320 total yards of fingering weight yarn in a main color (230 yards) and contrasting color (90 yards).
- Size US 1 (2.25mm) circular or double-point needles, or needles needed to obtain gauge
- Tapestry needle for closing toe and weaving in ends
- Two stitch markers for use during heel construction.
- If desired, extra markers may be used to mark pattern repeats during the instep section of the sock.